Monday, April 20, 2009

Mint

Peppermint & Chocolate: a great Mint combination

I passed some mints outdoors at Longs, and could not resist. I potted them together and they appear to be loving their sunny spot. The darker one is the chocolate, and it does indeed have a hint of cocoa flavor!

Here's the mints right after potting, 4/8/09:


Here's the mint as of 4/24... interestingly, the chocolate mint is a totally different color! I keep picking and munching leaves, but the mints are more than keeping up with the harvests.

3 comments:

  1. My friend Loren always loved the live chocolate mint I had. Derek loved the tea, and Jeff does too. Three of the most important men in my life!

    I remember reading about scent and the division of the sexes. Women were more attracted to floral or fruit smells, such as lavender, lemon, sage, etc. Men were more attracted to baking smells, such as cinnamon, baking bread, chocolates and mints. It is still amusing to find that those preferences carry over to real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, it hadn't even occurred to me yet to make tea out of the chocolate mint! Mmmmmmmm, that is the best idea.

    I've always been more attracted to baking smells, especially warm cinnamon/clove(which is technically a flower though)/nutmeg blends... but also have been a bit of a tomboy. Tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My weakness is lemon. Lemon sorbet, lemon Italian Soda, lemon Pledge, lemon fruit, you name it. :D

    ReplyDelete